BETAFPV Nano RF TX module is based on the ExpressLRS project, an open-source RC link for RC applications. ExpressLRS aims to achieve the best possible link performance in both speeds, latency, and range. This makes ExpressLRS one of the fastest RC links available while still offering long-range performance.
- Packet refresh rate: 25Hz/50Hz/100Hz/200Hz (915MHz/868MHz)
- RF output power: 100mW/250mW/500mW
- Frequency bands (Nano RF Module 2.4G version): 2.4GHz ISM
- Frequency bands (Nano RF Module 915MHz/868MHz version): 915MHz FCC/868MHz EU
- Input voltage: 5V~12V
- USB port: Type-C
BETAFPV Nano RF module is compatible with radio transmitter which has the nano module bay (AKA lite module bay, e.g. Frsky Taranis X-Lite, Frsky Taranis X9D Lite, TBS Tango 2).
Note： Please assemble the antenna before power on. Otherwise, the PA chip in the Nano TX module will be damaged permanently.
The firmware version of the Nano receiver and module manufactured by our company is ELRS 1.0.0-RC5 (the fifth test version before release);
ELRS Innovative team has officially released version 1.0.0. Based on the version, we have some updates:
- 2.4G Nano TX Module supports 500Hz refresh rate；
- Short press the button on the Nano module 3 times to get into the binding status.
We suggest our customers upgrade their modules and receivers' ELRS version to 1.0.0. Significantly, the module and receiver have to be in the same ELRS version, otherwise, the frequency cannot match successfully.
ExpressLRS uses the Crossfire serial protocol (AKA CRSF protocol) to communicate between the radio transmitter and the Nano TX module. So make sure your radio transmitter supports the CRSF serial protocol. We use the radio transmitter with the OpenTX system to show how to set up the CRSF protocol and LUA script. To set this up, in the OpenTX system, enter into model settings, and on the "MODEL SETUP" tab, turn off the "Internal RF". Next, enable "External RF" and select "CRSF" as the protocol.
ExpressLRS use the OpenTX LUA script to control the TX module, like bind or setup. With the LUA script, pilots could check, and set up some configurations of the Nano RF TX module..
- Save the ELRS.lua script files onto the radio transmitter's SD Card in the Scripts/Tools folder;
- Long press the "SYS" button (for RadioMaster T16 or similar radios) or the "Menu" button (for Frsky Taranis X9D or similar radios) to access the Tools Menu where you can find ELRS script ready to run with only one click;
- The below image show, the LUA script run successfully;
Bind & Output Power
Nano TX module could enter binding status via ELRS. Lua script, as described in the "LUA Script" chapter. Besides, a short press button on the module could also enter binding status.
Note: The LED will NOT flash when entering binding status. The module will exit from binding status 5 seconds later auto. Short and consecutive press 3 times to bind.
Nano RF TX module could switch the output power via ELRS. Lua script, as described in the "LUA Script" chapter. Besides, long-press the button on the module could switch the output power.
The RF TX module output power and LED indication as shown below.
|LED Color||RF output power|
- 1 * BETAFPV ELRS Nano TX module
- 1 * BETAFPV Moxon antenna
- 1 * Nano TX module user manual